IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) is the procedure or technique which can help a woman to conceive through the latest technology where the sperms and eggs combined together to be fertilized in the laboratory dish itself while also require proper monitoring of the doctors and expertise.IVF is used to cure for the infertility and some genetic disorders present in one of the body of the couple.
WHEN CAN IVF BE PRESCRIBED?
IVF can be prescribed only when even after one year of unprotected intercourse, woman cannot get pregnant due to any reason so IVF can be prescribed in that case where an expert can guide about the same and through IVF woman can conceive early and procured well through the same procedure to be followed on regular basis.
Another case is that when a woman is not getting pregnant due to some genetic disorder present in the couple which does not allowed couple to get successful parents.
Due to Infertility present in one person in the couple.
- IVF provides a better chance of successful pregnancy as compared to other treatments.
- Success rate is high so prescribed by most experts.
- Chances of multiple births are increased.
- Procedure involves fertilization of eggs with sperms outside the body and then injecting the fertilized embryo into the mother’s body within 3 to 5 days.
- Success rate at the age of 35 years is nearby 30%.
- Success rate at the age of 37 years is about 27%.
- Whereas, success rate at the age of 39 years is decreased to 20%.
- But at the age of 41 years, success rate will be only 13%.
- At the age of 42 years, success rate will only be 5%.
- And at the age greater than 42 years but within 47 years success rate will only 2%.
IS IVF A PAINFUL PROCEDURE?
This totally depends upon person to person whether someone feels the pain or someone don’t feels the pain as IVF is somewhat not a painful procedure as new techniques of anesthesia is being used up now a days and also, new technologies are being used up always as technology is growing day by day. As some are facing nominal kind of pain but in reality the pain is zero during the whole IVF procedure and also IVF is called by someone as pain free procedure but requires normal heart rates and normal blood pressure during the whole procedure. The transfer and retrieval both the procedures are almost free of pain these days.